- Join us every Sunday at 10:30 am for worship
- Details for upcoming Sundays
- Sun May 24, 5:30 pm
Come for a pot luck dinner in Memorial Hall followed by an informal service from 7:00 to 8:00 pm. We will take part in a readers' theatre on "Modern Day Slavery" and hear guest Doug Cooke speak about his work with Edmonton's homeless.
Visit the Koinonia web page for more information.
- Liturgical Arts Collective
- After Pentecost: The Spirit-led/Prophetic Community; Writing Retreat with Julie Robinson
Mon June 1 and Wed June 3, 6:30 to 9:30 pm
Join Julie Robinson in an exploration of what it means to be a community filled with the Holy Spirit, a community in the tradition of the prophets.
Registration and full details posted on the Arts Collective web page.
- Computer-technology Meeting
- Wed May 27 7:30 pm
All persons with knowledge and general interest in computers, software, technology and planning and/or budgeting in 2015-2016 at R-W are invited to attend this meeting.
- The Oliver Community Festival
- Sat May 30, 10 am - 3:00 pm
The Oliver Community Festival is a great day of fun and getting to know our neighbours.
For more information about the festival with full updates on activities visit the Oliver Community Festival web page.
- The Big Apple!
- Incredible news to announce! The R-W Choir, along with the Knox-Metropolitan Choir has been invited to sing in Carnegie Hall in New York City - in June 2016!
- 2015 Women's Weekend
- Registration forms will be available this weekend. Forms are in the May 24 bulletins and in the brochure racks. Registration forms are also available to download from the Women's Weekend web page.
- Grocery Cards
- Robertson-Wesley now has Grocery cards available for sale as a Fundraiser each Sunday after worship in Memorial Hall. Denominations of $25, $50, or $100 are available from Safeway, Sobeys, Save-On, and Superstore.
Consider giving Grocery Cards as gifts while supporting R-W programs!
- Spring Arts Collective
- April 12 to May 31, Sunday's
Vocal improvisation with Karen Porkka in now well under way. Full details posted on the Arts Collective web page.
- Art Therapy
- Laura Foster is carrying out her practicum in Art Therapy at Robertson-Wesley.
Whether you are interested in in personal growth or have specific issues to explore; art therapy can be life enhancing for you!
If you are interested in receiving (free!) art therapy sessions with Laura, contact email@example.com or phone 587-988-3387. For more information, visit the Art Therapy webpage.
- Presbytery Matters
- The April issue is now available, visit the Edmonton Presbytery web page.."Presbytery Matters" provides a summary of each meeting.
- R-W in the News
- Edmonton Journal (2015 Apr 18)
Alberta NDP leader visits rummage sale
- Breakfast TV (2015 Feb)
Chaka on Black History Month
- Edmonton Sun (2015 Feb 17)
Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper
- Calgary Metro News (2014 Dec 04)
"From Average Alberta Joe to MLA, Metro asked what's a GSA?"
- Edmonton AM (2014 June 20)
"Knitting "bomb" creates commuknitty"
- Edmonton Journal (2014 Jan 27)
"Robertson-Wesley United Church in good shape at 100"
- Global Edmonton (2013 Dec 13)
"Oliver neighbourhood taking novel approach to community-building"
- It is now possible to make a donation to Robertson-Wesley over the internet, using PayPal.