- Join us every Sunday at 10:30 am for worship
- Details for upcoming Sundays
- Volunteer Opportunities
- We invite you to take a look at our new web page on Volunteer Opportunities at Robertson-Wesley. We believe that everyone has a gift to share and everyone is called to discipleship.
- Edmonton Food Bank
- Every Wednesday
To receive a food hamper from Edmonton's Food Bank, phone 780-488-3595 Wedensday morning between 8:30 and 10 am. Pick up is in the afternoon. For more information contact the Food Bank directly.
- Dis/harmonies #3
- Friday · Oct 20 · 7:00 pm
The popular dis/harmonies will continue! Participants are encouraged to come explore and express their natural voices in a variety of ways! Sessions include breath work, learning to listen and project the voice.
For more information and to register visit the Spirited Art Studio facebook page
- Get to Know Your Church Challenge
- Sunday · Oct 22
In Memorial Hall after the worship service, the children and youth will be gathering people of all ages and abilities into teams of 3-5 people. Each team will be given page of photos of objects/places/architecture in the church. The fun task is to try to determine what the photo is and go and find that spot in the church.
- Messy Wednesdays
- Wednesday · Oct 25 · 5:00 pm
Families with children gather for dinner, activities and discussion. The families gather to eat a meal together at no cost to the family, which is served around 5:45pm.
Full details and schedule can be found on our Messy Wednesday page.
- Celebrating the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation
- Sunday · Oct 29 · 10:30 am
Come celebrate the past with us as we share an entire Bach cantata, look at the Reformation over the last 500 years, and look also into the future as the church continues to “reform” today.
- Sunday · Oct 29 · 5:00 pm, Memorial hall
The group will meet at 5:00 for potluck. After dinner the group will be led by an elder through a Blanket Exercise.
RSVP to the office by October 15. Contact: email@example.com or phone: 780-482-1587, ext 221. $5 at the door. All funds will go to KAIROS.
- Covenanting Service
- Sunday · Nov 5 · 7:00 pm
We will be holding a covenanting service with Edmonton Presbytery and the Rev. Leigh Sinclair followed by a reception in Memorial Hall.
Everyone is welcome to come and pledge their support to this new step in our ministry together.
- Community Dinner
- Saturday · Nov 11 · 5:00 pm
Every month a group of dedicated volunteers prepare a free dinner for the community.
- Art Studio
- Mondays · 7 pm - 8:30 pm
Tuesdays · 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Open to the community. No cost. For more information visit the Spirited Art Studio web page.
- Scripture Reflection Tuesdays
- Every Tuesday · 12:10 pm
Join us in the Club Room over lunch to reflect on the scripture passages for the upcoming Sunday. Bring a bible and a journal, or simply yourself! Come when you can and bring your lunch if you wish.
For full details visit the Scripture Reflections webpage
- Grocery Cards
- Robertson-Wesley now has Grocery cards available for sale as a Fundraiser each Sunday after worship in Memorial Hall. Denominations of $25, $50, or $100 are available from Safeway, Sobeys, Save-On, and Superstore.
Consider giving Grocery Cards as gifts while supporting R-W programs!
- Roberston-Wesley in the News
- St. Albert Gazette (2017 June 10)
Tuning up for the sesquicentennial
- The Beaumont News (2017 June 02)
Beaumont Society for the Arts hosting free choir and handbell concert
- Carnegie Hall Review (2016 June)
Distinguished Concerts International New York (DCINY) presents Eternal Light in Review
- Edmonton Journal (2015 May 27)
10 things to do this week
- Edmonton Sun (2015 May 27)
Cam Tait on the Oliver Community Festival
- Edmonton Journal (2015 Dec 19)
Live Nativity Scene at Robertson-Wesley
- Edmonton Journal (2015 Apr 18)
Alberta NDP leader visits rummage sale
- Breakfast TV (2015 Feb)
Chaka on Black History Month
- Edmonton Sun (2015 Feb 17)
Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper
- Calgary Metro News (2014 Dec 04)
"From Average Alberta Joe to MLA, Metro asked what's a GSA?"
- Edmonton AM (2014 June 20)
"Knitting "bomb" creates commuknitty"
- Edmonton Journal (2014 Jan 27)
"Robertson-Wesley United Church in good shape at 100"
- Global Edmonton (2013 Dec 13)
"Oliver neighbourhood taking novel approach to community-building"
- St. Albert Gazette (2017 June 10)
- It is now possible to make a donation to Robertson-Wesley over the internet, using PayPal.