- Join us every Sunday at 10:30 am for worship
- Details for upcoming Sundays
- Volunteer Opportunities
- We invite you to take a look at our new web page on Volunteer Opportunities at Robertson-Wesley. We believe that everyone has a gift to share and every is called to discipleship.
- Arts Collective
Blue Christmas: Creative Journaling with Laura Foster
- Mondays · 7 pm - 8:30 pm · begins Nov 16
How can we find comfort and peace in the midst of a blue Christmas?
Let's find our way through creative journalling, remembrance and prayer.
Blue Christmas, is the Christmas honouring loved ones lost. Christmas can be hard for those grieving, and we present this creative space as a healing time.
All Spiritual Arts Collective and Liturgical Arts Collective is free to participants. To register visit the Arts Collective registration page
- All is Bright Festival
- 2015 Nov 21, Saturday, 3 - 8pm on 124 Street
For the past 3 years the 124St. Business Association has been putting on a winter festival that seeks to brighten up our neighbourhood and bring the people of this area together. The street will be closed off from 3-8pm. There will be a sleigh rides, activities for children and some for adults, a beer gardens, a stage with live entertainment, some of our choir members will be caroling and children can get their picture taken with Santa Clause. There will be a lighting ceremony at 6:30pm. From 3-6:30pm at Robertson-United Church we will be inviting people to come and make lanterns with some of our Artists-in-residence. In the club room there will be a gathering of people for Craft and Draught. People will be invited to knit and have a beer together. Then from 7-9pm there will be a Java Jam Coffee House in Memorial Hall featuring some wonderful local singers and artists. This is a free event and we hope that you will come out and join in the fun. We are seeking volunteers to greet people at the door of the church, people to help with beverage preparation, lantern making assistants and some people to help with clean up.
A sign-up sheet is in Memorial Hall. For a complete schedule and latest updates visit the festival web page.
- God on Tap
- 2015 Nov 24 Tuesday · 7:30 - 9:00 pm Young Adults ages 18-45 ish are invited to join Karen and Herman for a spiritual discussion over beverages at Remedy Cafe on 124 St. (10310 124st). Bring your friends!
- Rudolph Resale
Just in time for Christmas Shopping!
- Nov 28 · Saturday · 8:30 am to 3:00 pm
Memorial Hall will be filled with lots of bargains for Christmas. Visit us to find one of a kind Christmas items, gifts, crafts, preserves and baking and other treasures.
For more information, please see Rummage Sale web page.
- Open Art Studio
- Tuesdays 1-3 pm · Wednesdays noon-2 pm
The Open Art Studio will be a set time where people can come work on their solo or group based visual art. Laura Foster will be facilitating the space, ensuring people are supported in their art work.
The studio will also be open on the second Saturday of each month during the Community Dinner from 5 pm to 7 pm.
For full details visit the Arts Collective webpage
- Scripture Reflection Tuesdays
- Every Tuesday · 12:10 pm
Join Rev. Karen Bridges in the Club Room over lunch to reflect on the scripture passages for the upcoming Sunday. Bring a bible and a journal, or simply yourself! Come when you can and bring your lunch if you wish.
For full details visit the Scripture Reflections webpage
- Robertson-Wesley in the News
- Edmonton Journal (2015 May 27)
10 things to do this week
- Edmonton Sun (2015 May 27)
Cam Tait on the Oliver Community Festival
- The Big Apple!
- Incredible news to announce! The R-W Choir, along with the Knox-Metropolitan Choir has been invited to sing in Carnegie Hall in New York City - in June 2016!
- Grocery Cards
- Robertson-Wesley now has Grocery cards available for sale as a Fundraiser each Sunday after worship in Memorial Hall. Denominations of $25, $50, or $100 are available from Safeway, Sobeys, Save-On, and Superstore.
Consider giving Grocery Cards as gifts while supporting R-W programs!
- Presbytery Matters
- The June issue is now available, visit the Edmonton Presbytery web page.."Presbytery Matters" provides a summary of each meeting.
- R-W in the News
- Edmonton Journal (2015 Apr 18)
Alberta NDP leader visits rummage sale
- Breakfast TV (2015 Feb)
Chaka on Black History Month
- Edmonton Sun (2015 Feb 17)
Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper
- Calgary Metro News (2014 Dec 04)
"From Average Alberta Joe to MLA, Metro asked what's a GSA?"
- Edmonton AM (2014 June 20)
"Knitting "bomb" creates commuknitty"
- Edmonton Journal (2014 Jan 27)
"Robertson-Wesley United Church in good shape at 100"
- Global Edmonton (2013 Dec 13)
"Oliver neighbourhood taking novel approach to community-building"
- It is now possible to make a donation to Robertson-Wesley over the internet, using PayPal.