- Join us every Sunday at 10:30 am for worship
- Details for upcoming Sundays
- Rummage Sale
- Saturday · April 28 · 9 am - 3 pm
Memorial Hall will be filled with lots of bargains including Linens, Housewares, Appliances, Home Décor, Artwork, Gardening Items, Electronics, Toys, Sports Equipment, Hardware, Stuffed Animals, Games, Craft Supplies and more!
For more information visit the Rummage Sale web page.
- Creating Safe Spaces Training
- Do you help out or lead activities here at Robertson-Wesley United Church? In all our programs and ministries we endeavour to be an inclusive and welcoming place for all people. Come and receive training on techniques of speaking and interacting with people that reduce our own and others' fear and anxieties and help us continue to be an accepting community. Two similar workshops will be provided, each person only need attend one.
- Thursday, May 17, 10:00 am - Noon, Memorial Hall
- Saturday, Septembver 22, 10:00 am - Noon, Memorial Hall
- We will have a time of getting to know each other and a review of our Statement of Inclusion. We will have a keynote speaker help us learn how better to use empathy and active listening to build support systems with others. We also will tour the building to see its first aid and safety features!
- The Who: All are invited to take part. Please consider attending this event if you are in a leadership role, an usher, fellowship time host, Kids' Church, Food Bank, Magic Pantry, youth leaders and Community Dinner volunteer, pastoral visitor, fundraiser organizer, and anyone else interested in learning!
- Edmonton Food Bank
- Every Wednesday
To receive a food hamper from Edmonton's Food Bank, phone 780-488-3595 Wednesday morning between 8:30 and 10 am. Pick up is in the afternoon. For more information contact the Food Bank directly.
- Scripture Reflection Tuesdays
- Every Tuesday · 12:10 pm
Join us in the Club Room over lunch to reflect on the scripture passages for the upcoming Sunday. Bring a bible and a journal, or simply yourself! Come when you can and bring your lunch if you wish.
For full details visit the Scripture Reflections webpage
- Art Studio
- Mondays · 7 pm - 8:30 pm
Tuesdays · 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Open to the community. No cost. For more information visit the Spirited Art Studio web page.
Note: The Art Studio will be closed April 2 and April 3. Studio reopens the following week on April 9
- Grocery Cards
- Robertson-Wesley now has Grocery cards available for sale as a Fundraiser each Sunday after worship in Memorial Hall. Denominations of $25, $50, or $100 are available from Safeway, Sobeys, Save-On, and Superstore.
Consider giving Grocery Cards as gifts while supporting R-W programs!
- Volunteer Opportunities
- We invite you to take a look at our new web page on Volunteer Opportunities at Robertson-Wesley. We believe that everyone has a gift to share and everyone is called to discipleship.
- Roberston-Wesley in the News
- St. Albert Gazette (2017 June 10)
Tuning up for the sesquicentennial
- The Beaumont News (2017 June 02)
Beaumont Society for the Arts hosting free choir and handbell concert
- Carnegie Hall Review (2016 June)
Distinguished Concerts International New York (DCINY) presents Eternal Light in Review
- Edmonton Journal (2015 May 27)
10 things to do this week
- Edmonton Sun (2015 May 27)
Cam Tait on the Oliver Community Festival
- Edmonton Journal (2015 Dec 19)
Live Nativity Scene at Robertson-Wesley
- Edmonton Journal (2015 Apr 18)
Alberta NDP leader visits rummage sale
- Breakfast TV (2015 Feb)
Chaka on Black History Month
- Edmonton Sun (2015 Feb 17)
Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper
- Calgary Metro News (2014 Dec 04)
"From Average Alberta Joe to MLA, Metro asked what's a GSA?"
- Edmonton AM (2014 June 20)
"Knitting "bomb" creates commuknitty"
- Edmonton Journal (2014 Jan 27)
"Robertson-Wesley United Church in good shape at 100"
- Global Edmonton (2013 Dec 13)
"Oliver neighbourhood taking novel approach to community-building"
- St. Albert Gazette (2017 June 10)
- It is now possible to make a donation to Robertson-Wesley over the internet, using PayPal.