- Join us every Sunday at 10:30 am for worship
- Details for upcoming Sundays
- Bible Study: In the Beginning
The Book of Genesis
- 2014 Oct 15 to Nov 19
6 Wednesdays 7:30 to 9:30 pm
Leader: Rev Jim Allan
This is a brief course for both beginners and experienced who want to become more familiar with the writings of the Old Testament and to people throughout the centuries who have listened deeply to these ancient texts and drawn endlessly on their wisdom for the living of our days.
For more information on the course, please see Bible 201: Genesis or contact Jim Allan by email: email@example.com or phone the office at 780-482-1587
- Town Hall Dance
Let's get together and DANCE!
- 2014 Oct 25, Saturday from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Open to all. Musical selections for all. The reason? To have fun and get happy as a community!
Beer and wine, concession treats, and root beer floats available.
- Speaker Meeting with Kathryn Hofley
- 2014 Oct 30, Thursday at 1:30 pm
The United Church Women is sponsoring Kathryn Hofley, the United Church Representative for the prairies to speak on Legacy Planning.
In a low key information session, Kathryn will describe various investment options which save you money now and/or in the future, helping you and the United Church.
Everyone is welcome to attend this free speaker meeting. Tea and snacks provided. Register to attend through the office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Men's Group
- Lois Hole Library Tour
Tour includes a video and walking tour. The estimated time is 1 to 2 hours. After Library Visit attendees may break up into groups for a lunch if desired.
The group will meet at the Lois Hole Library (17650-69 avenue NW, Edmonton) at 9:30 am.
Contact Louis Berlinguette at 780-444-0532 for more information and to register.
- Free Yoga and Exercise Class
- Yoga · Every Tuesday beginning Sep 9 · 10:00 am to 11:00 am -- This gentle Hatha yoga class allows people of all ages and body types to develop strength, flexibility and relaxation skills.
Exercise · Every Thursday beginning Sep 11 · 10:00 - 11:00 am -- This circuit exercise class offers cardio and weight training in a "work at your own pace"
Register soon as class size is limited. To register email us at email@example.com or call 780-482-1587
- Art Therapy
- Laura Foster is carrying out her practicum in Art Therapy at Robertson-Wesley.
Whether you are interested in in personal growth or have specific issues to explore; art therapy can be life enhancing for you!
Laura is offering two forms of therapy this season. One on one sessions (available now!) and group therapy led by Laura.
Group therapy is an 8 week program every Monday and will begin again in January 2015. Pre-registration through Laura is required.
If you are interested in receiving (free!) art therapy sessions with Laura, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 587-988-3387. For more information, visit the Art Therapy webpage.
- Membership Class
- 2015 Feb 12 to Mar 19
6 Thursdays 7:30 to 9:30 pm
Location: Robertson-Wesley Rm 10
Offered each year, this six-week course is designed to be a brief survey of the foundational elements of church membership with opportunity for discussion and exploration of our religious background. While it is primarily for people preparing for confirmation, we also welcome anyone who would like to just explore the basics, whether they have been confirmed or not.
For more information, visit the Membership webpage.
- Anniversary Service
- 2014 Jan 26, Sunday · Over 350 people came to worship with us on Sunday. A video of the service with guest preacher the Right Rev. Gary Paterson, can be found on our blog R-W Sermons
- R-W in the News
- Edmonton AM (2014 June 20)
"Knitting "bomb" creates commuknitty"
- Edmonton Journal (2014 Jan 27)
"Robertson-Wesley United Church in good shape at 100"
- Global Edmonton (2013 Dec 13)
"Oliver neighbourhood taking novel approach to community-building"
- It is now possible to make a donation to Robertson-Wesley over the internet, using PayPal.