- Join us every Sunday at 10:30 am for worship
- Details for upcoming Sundays
- Art Studio
- Mondays · 7 pm - 8:30 pm
Tuesdays · 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Open to the community. No cost. For more information visit the Spirited Art Studio web page.
- Pancake Supper
- Tuesday · Feb 13 · 5:30-7:00 pm
The annual Shrove Tuesday pancake supper is Feb. 13, 5:30-7:00. Come, eat and prepare for Lent! Tickets available after church on Sunday, through the church office and at the door.
Adults: $8.00. Children under 12: $5.00 and family of 4 is $18.00
- Scripture Reflection Tuesdays
- Every Tuesday · 12:10 pm
Join us in the Club Room over lunch to reflect on the scripture passages for the upcoming Sunday. Bring a bible and a journal, or simply yourself! Come when you can and bring your lunch if you wish.
For full details visit the Scripture Reflections webpage
- Edmonton Food Bank
- Every Wednesday
To receive a food hamper from Edmonton's Food Bank, phone 780-488-3595 Wednesday morning between 8:30 and 10 am. Pick up is in the afternoon. For more information contact the Food Bank directly.
- Lent Noon Hour concerts
- Thursdays, 12:10 pm to 12:50 pm
The Robertson-Wesley Music Society is hosting a noon-hour concert series again this Lent, for six Thursdays in February and March. The concerts will run from 12:10-12:50, and admission is by freewill offering with donations for the performers and for the Robertson-Wesley Music Society. Come and enjoy some tranquil, reflective music for the Lenten season and find an oasis in the middle of your busy day.
Feb 15 – Neda Yamach, violin & Tammy-Jo Mortensen, piano & organ
- Messy Wednesdays
- Wednesday · Feb 14 · 5:00 pm
Families with children gather for dinner, activities and discussion. The families gather to eat a meal together at no cost to the family, which is served around 5:45pm.
Full details and schedule can be found on our Messy Wednesday page.
- Spiritual Formation Pod
- Sunday · February 18 · after church
Our first conversation in 2018 will happen February 18th, in the club room after church.
Come and let us explore together: Relationship deepening...what questions arise when we seek to deepen our relationships with God and one another (we will create a list of topics and questions for future Bible studies and activities).
- Choir Cabaret
- Saturday · Feb 24 · 7:30 pm
This is a wonderful outing in the new year! This year’s theme: Oscar-winning songs! Come have some fun and be entertained by some amazing voices & instrumentalists. Tickets on sale after service on Sundays. $15!
- Community Dinner
- Saturday · Mar 10· 5:00 pm
Every month a group of dedicated volunteers prepare a free dinner for the community.
- Contemplative Practices
- Sunday · March 18 · 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
Are you seeking an escape from the world, an oasis in your busy life? Are you seeking some quiet? Are you seeking time for yourself or inspiration? Then we invite you to engage in Contemplative Practices at Robertson-Wesley United Church in Memorial Hall.
This is a self-directed program with instructions throughout the room to give you some guidance on your journey. Invite your friends, family and neighbours to enter the oasis and emerge inspired, enlightened, grounded and feeling nourished.
- Breakfast with Casey
- Saturday · April 7· 10:00 am
Between Passion and Obligation
What is the purpose of volunteerism and community engagement? What are the reasons YOU decide to get involved and do something in your community?
Casey will draw on his personal experiences with volunteerism to make ties with why he continues to be involved. He is an active person in many communities and will offer insight to the various passions and obligations he takes part in.
Tickets now available online. $20 each.
- Grocery Cards
- Robertson-Wesley now has Grocery cards available for sale as a Fundraiser each Sunday after worship in Memorial Hall. Denominations of $25, $50, or $100 are available from Safeway, Sobeys, Save-On, and Superstore.
Consider giving Grocery Cards as gifts while supporting R-W programs!
- Volunteer Opportunities
- We invite you to take a look at our new web page on Volunteer Opportunities at Robertson-Wesley. We believe that everyone has a gift to share and everyone is called to discipleship.
- Roberston-Wesley in the News
- St. Albert Gazette (2017 June 10)
Tuning up for the sesquicentennial
- The Beaumont News (2017 June 02)
Beaumont Society for the Arts hosting free choir and handbell concert
- Carnegie Hall Review (2016 June)
Distinguished Concerts International New York (DCINY) presents Eternal Light in Review
- Edmonton Journal (2015 May 27)
10 things to do this week
- Edmonton Sun (2015 May 27)
Cam Tait on the Oliver Community Festival
- Edmonton Journal (2015 Dec 19)
Live Nativity Scene at Robertson-Wesley
- Edmonton Journal (2015 Apr 18)
Alberta NDP leader visits rummage sale
- Breakfast TV (2015 Feb)
Chaka on Black History Month
- Edmonton Sun (2015 Feb 17)
Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper
- Calgary Metro News (2014 Dec 04)
"From Average Alberta Joe to MLA, Metro asked what's a GSA?"
- Edmonton AM (2014 June 20)
"Knitting "bomb" creates commuknitty"
- Edmonton Journal (2014 Jan 27)
"Robertson-Wesley United Church in good shape at 100"
- Global Edmonton (2013 Dec 13)
"Oliver neighbourhood taking novel approach to community-building"
- St. Albert Gazette (2017 June 10)
- It is now possible to make a donation to Robertson-Wesley over the internet, using PayPal.