- Join us every Sunday at 10:30 am for worship
- Details for upcoming Sundays
- Lent and Easter
- Information and Schedules for special events and worship experiences during Lent and Easter are available on our web site.
- Art Therapy
- Laura Foster is carrying out her practicum in Art Therapy at Robertson-Wesley.
Whether you are interested in in personal growth or have specific issues to explore; art therapy can be life enhancing for you!
If you are interested in receiving (free!) art therapy sessions with Laura, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 587-988-3387. For more information, visit the Art Therapy webpage.
- Bible Study Through Choral Music
- 2014 Mar 10 to April 7 · 5 Mondays 7:30 to 9:30 pm
Led by Tammy-Jo Mortensen · Cost: none
Don't know anything about choral music? That's ok! Haven't attended a Bible study before? Then this might be a terrific one to start with! Can't attend the whole time? That's not necessary. Attend when you can. Material will be presented in a variety of ways, something to suit various learning styles. Sign up in Memorial Hall. For more information on the course, contact Tammy-Jo by email or phone 780-482-1587 ext. 230.
- Video Club
- Every Wednesday at Noon beginning March 19 This new gathering will start with the first episode of Kingdom of David - the Saga of the Israelites. Bring your lunch. Tea and coffee will be provided.
- Calling all Book Lovers
- 2014, Saturday March 22 · 9:30 am to 12:00 pm Join other readers to discuss Thomas King's An Inconvenient Indian. Refreshments will be provided.
- 2014 Mar 23
Every fourth Sunday of the month at 5:30 pm
You are invited to attend a pot luck dinner in the Memorial Hall at 5:30 followed by an informal church service from 7:00 to 8:00. Approximately 20-25 people attend this monthly event so it is a good way to meet and visit with others from the congregation.
We will be viewing the National Film Board documentary "Hi-Ho Mistahey." The film is sponsored by Amnesty International to raise awareness of the basic inequities facing First Nations children.
For more information about Koinonia, visit the Koinonia webpage.
- Monday evenings · 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm at R-W
- Wednesday afternoons · 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm at Café Tiramisu
- CommuKNITy is a collective knitting group that has emerged out of RWUC's spiritual arts collective program. Over the next few months, the group will meet according to a weekly schedule both at the church and at Café Tiramisu
- Anniversary Service
- 2014 Jan 26, Sunday · Over 350 people came to worship with us on Sunday. A video of the service with guest preacher the Right Rev. Gary Paterson, can be found on our blog R-W Sermons
- Membership Class
- 2014 Feb 26 to April 2
6 wednesdays 7:30 to 9:30 pm · Cost: none
Offered each year, this six-week course is designed to be a brief survey of the foundational elements of church membership with opportunity for discussion and exploration of our religious background. While it is primarily for people preparing for confirmation, we also welcome anyone who would like to just explore the basics, whether they have been confirmed or not.
For more information, visit the Membership webpage.
- R-W in the News
- Edmonton Journal (2014 Jan 27)
"Robertson-Wesley United Church in good shape at 100"
- Global Edmonton (2013 Dec 13)
"Oliver neighbourhood taking novel approach to community-building"
- It is now possible to make a donation to Robertson-Wesley over the internet, using PayPal.