- Join us every Sunday at 10:30 am for worship
- Details for upcoming Sundays
- Lent and Easter
- Information and Schedules for special events and worship experiences during Lent and Easter are available on our web site.
- Bible Study
- 2014 Apr 23 to May 28
6 Wednesdays 7:30 to 9:30 pm · Cost: none
This is a brief course for both beginners and experienced who want to become more familiar with the writings of the New Testament and to listen more and more deeply to the wondrous words of life and light in this story of the mystery of the Word that becomes flesh and, in our hearing, becomes our Salvation
Visit Bible 206: John webpage for full details.
- Art Therapy
- Laura Foster is carrying out her practicum in Art Therapy at Robertson-Wesley.
Whether you are interested in in personal growth or have specific issues to explore; art therapy can be life enhancing for you!
If you are interested in receiving (free!) art therapy sessions with Laura, contact email@example.com or phone 587-988-3387. For more information, visit the Art Therapy webpage.
- Spiritual Arts Collective IV
- Presence Revealed: The Strength of Being Oneself
2014 Apr 26, Saturday · 9:30 am to 2:30 pm
Led by visual artist and spiritual arts therapist, Laura Foster · Cost: none.
This collective will look at the art of presence, of being oneself and about showing one's true colours. People can expect a full-bodied experience which will bring them right into summer!
People interested in participating in the final spiritual arts collective should register online via the Spiritual Arts Collective webpage.
- Video Club
- Every Wednesday at Noon
This new gathering will start with the first episode of Kingdom of David -
the Saga of the Israelites. Bring your lunch. Tea and coffee will be provided.
There is no video club on Wednesday, April 9. The series is back on April 16.
- Messy Wednesday
- Every second Wednesday at 5:00 pm.
Food, fun, families and fellowship. Families from R-W and the community meet to share a warm meal that is specially made together in the R-W kitchen. This meal has become a highlight of the week for many children attending. Grandparents are welcome and encouraged to bring their Grandchildren to Messy Wednesday's too! April dates: April 9 and April 23
- Every fourth Sunday of the month at 5:30 pm
You are invited to attend a pot luck dinner in the Memorial Hall at 5:30 followed by an informal church service from 7:00 to 8:00. Approximately 20-25 people attend this monthly event so it is a good way to meet and visit with others from the congregation.
For more information about Koinonia, visit the Koinonia webpage.
- Monday evenings · 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm at R-W
- Wednesday afternoons · 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm at Café Tiramisu
- CommuKNITy is a collective knitting group that has emerged out of RWUC's spiritual arts collective program. Over the next few months, the group will meet according to a weekly schedule both at the church and at Café Tiramisu
- Anniversary Service
- 2014 Jan 26, Sunday · Over 350 people came to worship with us on Sunday. A video of the service with guest preacher the Right Rev. Gary Paterson, can be found on our blog R-W Sermons
- Membership Class
- 2014 Feb 26 to April 2
6 wednesdays 7:30 to 9:30 pm · Cost: none
Offered each year, this six-week course is designed to be a brief survey of the foundational elements of church membership with opportunity for discussion and exploration of our religious background. While it is primarily for people preparing for confirmation, we also welcome anyone who would like to just explore the basics, whether they have been confirmed or not.
For more information, visit the Membership webpage.
- R-W in the News
- Edmonton Journal (2014 Jan 27)
"Robertson-Wesley United Church in good shape at 100"
- Global Edmonton (2013 Dec 13)
"Oliver neighbourhood taking novel approach to community-building"
- It is now possible to make a donation to Robertson-Wesley over the internet, using PayPal.